This blog is semi-closed: anyone can read, but only invited guests can write. To participate in summer homework in 2013, you must send AFletcher an email requesting an invitation. At the meeting, I asked you to read the assignment on the blog so you could see what you were getting into before signing up; if you decide to participate, get the invitation so you can write.
Friday, August 23, 2013
Being Watched
When I read Who Owns the Future, it was an eye-opener when Lanier stated that we are being watched and our information are being stored. Information on what we look up on the internet go to the Siren Servers so they can record our interests. Overall, it's kind of creepy because we, and the people, are at a disadvantage because most people are oblivious to what is going on. I don't think many people know that government, businesses, and networks keep an eye on what we do so they can make money off us due to our interests. Also our identifications are in danger because of the information we give to websites. Because of this chapter, I'm being more careful about the things I look up and watch on the internet because I don't want people to know about me at the personal level. I don't want to be hacked! Even my mom agrees that one day we're going to be ruled by technology and nothing about our personal lives will be safe. I hope I'm not the only one with this creepy feeling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.