This blog is semi-closed: anyone can read, but only invited guests can write. To participate in summer homework in 2013, you must send AFletcher an email requesting an invitation. At the meeting, I asked you to read the assignment on the blog so you could see what you were getting into before signing up; if you decide to participate, get the invitation so you can write.
Thursday, August 22, 2013
My Favorite Book
After reading Brave New World, Amusing Ourselves to Death, and Alone Together, I would have to say that my favorite book had to be Alone Together, specifically the first part. The topic of robots was just interesting and it really got me thinking. The other two books did have me thinking but the way that Turkle used many interviews and quotes from the people who used the product really made Alone Together that much better. One thing that really caught my eye while I was reading was how you got to see the evolution of the technology from Tamagotchis to robots that can actually make eye contact with you and shake your hand. While reading I couldn't stop thinking about that Will Smith movie I Am Robot. The people in that movie thought that robots could act the same as humans, and we saw exactly what happened. My only thought is, what if we do let robots roam the earth, and something goes wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.