Weeks ago, I was listening to a discussion about typing versus hand writing. The people discussed that technology is so advanced that many kids type their essays and report papers other than writing them and that it would be more productive for the kids to have typing classes in elementary schools in replacement for writing classes. They said that, "hand writing is becoming uncommon in society and typing is becoming the normal standard." honestly I do agree with the statement, but I do not agree with the discussion about replacing hand writing for typing. What do you guys think?
This blog is semi-closed: anyone can read, but only invited guests can write. To participate in summer homework in 2013, you must send AFletcher an email requesting an invitation. At the meeting, I asked you to read the assignment on the blog so you could see what you were getting into before signing up; if you decide to participate, get the invitation so you can write.
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Technology Taking Over.
The point of the three books we read was to say that technology is taking over our lives. It is replacing our abilities and making us lazier. One example is audio books, the audio books literally read the books to you and you can choose to read along or just listen to the reader. I am guilty of using this piece of technology because I am lazy. I recently bought an audio book for an APUSH book and used it to listen to the first couple of chapters, but I still read along if that makes it any better. Another example is the article about Google that Mrs. Fletcher told us to read. Some people and I copied and pasted the article to Google Translate and had the article read to us. I found this amusing to see how lazy we actually can be and how technology is making our lives easier. Will this become the normal if technology continues to advance?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I also find myself doing the same things! I am glad I took a typing class in middle school because a lot of assignments and projects involve typing. In my opinion, typing is just easier and it takes longer to write something. Who knows maybe print will soon be taught as less important than learning how to type. Cursive used to be taught in elementary but it very seldomly is required for anything anymore.
ReplyDelete