This blog is semi-closed: anyone can read, but only invited guests can write. To participate in summer homework in 2013, you must send AFletcher an email requesting an invitation. At the meeting, I asked you to read the assignment on the blog so you could see what you were getting into before signing up; if you decide to participate, get the invitation so you can write.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Final Thoughts

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a great summer. Well after reading all these books I got one central theme. Technology can be good, but it can also be bad. We have to make safe choices while online and use technology wisely. Using technology is a great thing, but sometimes we need to step back and take a deep breath. We need to take charge of technology and not have technology take charge of us. The risks are too great for us to ignore. Also be careful of what you put online. It might not affect you now, but it will pop out at unsuspecting times. Chapter 30 and 31 of Who owns the Future? Talks about the creepiness the internet has to offer. It’s pretty creepy not knowing that you are being stalked online.. Try to have a great rest of summer. I bet everyone’s hands and eyes hurt from all that reading and writing, but it's all worth it. The hardest part is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.