This blog is semi-closed: anyone can read, but only invited guests can write. To participate in summer homework in 2013, you must send AFletcher an email requesting an invitation. At the meeting, I asked you to read the assignment on the blog so you could see what you were getting into before signing up; if you decide to participate, get the invitation so you can write.
Friday, August 23, 2013
Separation
One element of Brave New World that really intrigued me was the use of the Alpha,Beta, etc. classes. It seems so far that almost every novel I've read that is placed in a dystopian society involves separation of certain groups of people from a relatively different group. This could just be me, but I feel like there will always be a connection to this segregation when discussing dystopian societies,and that is in part of what causes the problems that ultimately lead to the downfall of that society.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.