This blog is semi-closed: anyone can read, but only invited guests can write. To participate in summer homework in 2013, you must send AFletcher an email requesting an invitation. At the meeting, I asked you to read the assignment on the blog so you could see what you were getting into before signing up; if you decide to participate, get the invitation so you can write.

Friday, August 23, 2013

One question.

    After reading these three books, my eyes have been opened, quite widely If I do say so myself. It clicked in my head that we, especially us and the younger generation, are addicted to the web and being connected. We should have a worldwide intervention. I see that we always have our phones with us, we constantly check Facebook and other social sites, and we tune everyone else out that is physically near us. We are isolating ourselves and we don't even know it. I should actually say that we know it, it's just that we don't care.
     I know this is a late post, bht my one question that kept popping up throughout reading these three books and reading, commenting, and posting threads on this blog is : With all of this information we were given on technology taking over our lives, why do we continue to let technology rule our life?
     Most of you still check Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter right now open on another page.
     Do we just not care enough about ourselves to change, even though we now have adequete knowledge of how technology is ruining us individually and us as a society?

1 comment:

  1. I feel that most people understand that technology is taking over ourlives but they dont really care. They feel that technology will and does more good than harm and that it's just never going to go away so they need to go with it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.